Monday, March 29, 2010

Chicken-less Chicken Noodle Soup

This sounds really strange but one day when I was making my delicious chicken noodle soup I realized that I needed to go buy chicken so I did everything I had to do with the soup except add the chicken. It tasted so good without it that I thought, "I could make this without the chicken and it would still be great." So, that is just what I did this time.


I am trying to cut back on meat and poultry for many reasons but I still love the taste of meaty things. I have found lately that a little goes a long way, if any at all. So, I used my delicious celery and carrots from JR Organics, along with the other ingredients in my soup recipe. It tastes nice and chickeny because of the Better than Bouillon and the poultry seasoning I use (I know, this is not a true vegetarian recipe). I also tried using organic whole wheat angel hair pasta with Jerusalem artichoke flour, it's funny how angel hair shaped pasta is often the easiest to use whole wheat, brown rice, etc because of it's fine texture.. it tastes just like the regular stuff.

You might not miss the chicken at all.. don't knock it 'till you try it. : )

0 comments: