Saturday, January 31, 2009

Restaurant Week: Akasha

Akasha on UrbanspoonI went to Akasha for the restaurant week lunch special the other day. Click here for Akasha's menu. Overall, the food was pretty good, not great. The service there was pretty bad. I plan to write a more detailed review about the service on Yelp when I get a chance.
I had the carrot ginger soup and my companion had the grilled artichoke. Both were quite good. The artichoke came with a tasty aoli. We both had entree salads. The greens were OK, the dressing was nothing to write home about, but the grilled shrimp on my salad, which is one of the restaurant's popular dishes, were delicious. Nice grilled flavor on the outside spiced with Masala and juicy on the inside. I think my favorite part of the meal however was the dessert. We each chose three different flavors of sorbets and ice creams. The sorbets were delicious. Very fresh flavors in the blood orange and other fruits. My almond ice cream was flavorful and my dining companion's chocolate hemp ice cream was dark and rich, just the way I like it. Next up is going to be Dolce Enoteca.

Akasha
9543 Culver Blvd.
Culver City, CA
310-845-1700
http://akasharestaurant.com/

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love carrot ginger soup! :)

Anonymous said...

ahh shucks! no pix? I'm gonna make it here for the burger ONE of these days..

Anonymous said...

you should go in for dinner...that's where their food really shines. Also heard a new lunch menu is being worked. I will check that out when it's up and running.