Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Kale Stuffed Mushrooms

I just threw these together and they came out quite delicious with some nice, complex flavors, lots of nutrients, and not a lot of fat and calories. I didn't measure things but here's what i did:

I took about 7 large crimini mushrooms and pulled the stems out. I chopped the stems very small and threw them in saute pan with a few tablespoons of water and then I chopped up the leaves of two stems of kale and threw that in too. I covered the pan and steamed everything until soft. Then, I crushed in 1 small clove of garlic and cooked that up a but. Then I turned the heat off and stirred in about a 1/2 cup of fat free ricotta cheese and a tablesoon of grainy mustard. I then stuffed the mushroom caps with this mixture and then put the mushrooms back in the pan. I poured in about 1/2 cup of white wine and put the lid on and steamed everything for about 8 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked.

Delicious~

0 comments: