Saturday, September 19, 2009

Westside Tavern

Westside Tavern on UrbanspoonI went to the Westside Tavern for the second time last night and decided it's good enough to post about on my blog : ). The atmosphere is nice, as my boyfriend says, very much like Houston's. It's nice enough to get dressed up on a Friday night or to dress down and feel like you're at a pub.. just a really good in-between like that. It is also in the same building as the Westside Pavilion movie theater so it's easy to plan a little evening out. They have a great selection of beer, as well as wines, and seasonal appetizer and meal specials.

So far I have tried the items below ( I need to see if I can find some photos). There is a lot more I would like to try.

The grilled cheese and tomato soup combo
This is a decadent but simple meal that really satisfies in a comfort food kind of way. The idea is to dip the thick melty sandwich into the tomato soup. Delicious.

The roasted corn soup
Soup just has the most amazing potential for flavor, and this one maximizes that potential. The taste is sweet delicious ripe corn.

Lamb french dip
I am a huge french dip fan and this one is awesome. Although I would have liked some more jus.

Fried green beans
These were awesome. I would get these every time I visit. Crispy tempura-like outside and sweet and fresh inside.

Grilled chicken sandwich
Eh, boring.

A friend got the pot roast and said it was too fatty for him

Westside Tavern
10850 W. Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(310) 470-1539
www.westsidetavernla.com

0 comments: