Monday, June 8, 2009

Delicious Birthday

I had a wonderful birthday. My boyfriend made it truly special and I am very lucky to have him. He not only puts up with me.. he makes life more and more amazing with each passing day, week, and year we are together. : )

The day started out with breakfast in bed, followed by a nap, then a 6 mile hike through the Santa Monica mountains, followed by dinner at Yamashiro. I had never heard of the place but it's this really cute Japanese-inspired Cal-pan-Asian restaurant in the Hollywood hills. It was awesome!





Hanging Rock, Santa Monica Mountains





View from Insiration Point, Backbone Trail, Santa Monica Mountains


Mango martini... so delicious!!


Spicy tuna and snow crab napolean. A refreshing, pimped out version of tuna tartare. The arugula on the side had a delicious dressing.


Asian baby back ribs with five-spice cornbread and mashed sweet potatoes. The meat just fell of the bone. I loved the Asian flavors in the BBQ sauce.



I liked this dish the most. The black cod was cooked to buttery perfection and the wasabi mashed potatoes were amazing.

Ice cream sandwich! Warm chocolate peanut-butter cookies with dulce de leche ice cream, toasted walnuts, and chocolate and caramel sauces. Loved these flavor combos.. especially the nuts with the sauces.


I didn't know they were going to bring this too! Light cake with tasty strawberry sauce.

Sweet lounge over looking a pool. Not sure who swims in it.

Beautiful views of the city.


0 comments: