Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Iced Green Tea with Lime

I'm back! So sorry to have neglected this blog for so long. I've been busy with travelling to Alaska, and then my boyfriend's mom came to stay with us for another week. So, I've been pretty busy. There are lots of things to post about, like food on the Diamond Princess cruise ship, Jiraffe restaurant in Santa Monica, and more forays into cooking with vegetables. But for now, just to break the seal, I am posting about something easy.. Iced Green Tea with Lime.


This is a delicious healthy drink I've been enjoying on those warm days. It tastes like those half iced tea/half lemoneade drinks.


The recipe is simple. I use Yamamotoyama Japanese powdered iced green tea. They come in single serving packets. Just mix one packet with cold water, then add ice, lime juice to taste, and Stevia to taste. Stevia is the all natural, no calorie sweetener that actually has a number of health benefits associated with it. For some reason, it has not been approved it as a sweetener in the U.S. It is called a "dietary supplement". So, you wont see it at Starbucks next to the cancer-causing Equals and Sweet and Low's. Strange, because it's been used in Japan since 1941 in many food products, including Coca cola. Anyway, enjoy the tea! Be back soon!

0 comments: