Monday, May 5, 2008

Santa Monica Farmers' Market & Simple Guacamole Recipe

We went to one of the many local farmers' markets on Saturday morning. I usually go to the one at Virginia Park. It isn't a scene like the Sunday morning Main Street market and even though I have never been to the 3rd St. Promenade market I am guessing this one is a lot more chill. Plus this one is right across the street : ).

As you can see in the photo, I picked up a couple of cool looking things including red scallions and long-stem garlic. The scallions are much stronger than the regular little ones, so it's good for guacamole without needing too much else to flavor it.

I made some fresh summer rolls with mint, cilantro, and some basil and shrimp I had at home. The Mexican farmer guy selling the avacados gave us this recipe for the guacamole and it was awesome:

Guacamole

  • Ripe Avacados
  • Cut up scallions to taste (we used the red ones)
  • Lime juice to taste
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Mash all up and enjoy!!

0 comments: