Monday, February 11, 2008

The Long-Awaited Japanese Restaurant Pick: Miyako Ocean Park

Miyako on UrbanspoonYes, kids, that's right. I haven't posted about Japanese restaurants on here, have I? Why? mainly laziness. But also because I actually don't go to very many.. but I do go to the same one practically every week: Miyako on Ocean Park Blvd in Santa Monica (full address below).

Where do I begin? They have a good variety of not just sushi, but other Japanese fare as well. My boyfriend James always gets the same thing: A Beef Bento box and a Rainbow roll. I can't blame him. The bento boxes are HUGE, tasty, and come with:

- Beef or chicken in a tasty sauce
- Rice
- Salad
- Cooked been sprouts in a delicious tasty sesame dressing
- Edamame
- Sushi or Tempura (the veggie tempura is killer here!)

This isn't a fancy place.. but the quality is good except the beef or chicken in the Bento can sometimes be a little fatty for my taste. But overall, the good quality and good price makes for a winner. What do I get, you might ask? Sometimes I get the bento, but I often get a California salad. It's basically everything in a California roll in generous portions served on a bed of lettuce. Light but satisfying. I also get many of the different sushi rolls including eel, and some of their specials like the Sexy Roll. The Sexy Roll has no rice.. it's fish wrapped in cucumber with a delicious dressing (all of thir dressings are great here). Oh, and vegetable tempura is AWWWSOME.

There you have it.. delicious food that is almost downright cheap. Most of the items I've had are so good that I haven't made it on to others that look just as tasty. The staff are so friendly and remind me of being right back in Japan. So, you simply must go.

GozEyemas!

Miyako
2829 Ocean Park Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90405
(310) 396-5588

0 comments: