Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pho 99: 99 bowls of pho in my tummy

Pho 99 Noodle & Grill on UrbanspoonI posted a while back about Phoreign being fabulous, and it still is. But I must tell you about Pho 99, a place I've been frequenting a lot lately, not sure why, just cravings I guess. They have more of the traditional pho flavors you'd expect such as a variety of different rare beef combinations. You can get a link to their full menu here.

Interestingly, they have both Northern (made with a beef stock) and Southern (made with a chicken and pork stock) styles. My favorite is the Hu Tieu Hodc Mi Thap Cam special combination with rice noodle soup served with shrimp, BBQ pork, golden fried chicken and meat cake. I don't mind my creatures all mixed up together in one bowl, so I like it.

They have other dishes on the menu, such as the Bun - Vermicelli which is just the same rice noodles found in the Pho only served cold with salad vegetables.. not very satisfying. Stick with the Pho!

Pho 99
11819 Wilshire Blvd,
Los Angeles, CA 90025
310-312-7881

0 comments: