Sunday, June 24, 2007

Peanut Butter & Jelly Mini Cupcakes



My friend Katharine gave me a very nice book for my birthday: it's simply called "Cupcakes" by Susanna Tee. I used the Peanut Butter cupcake recipe in that book plus the Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting recipe in Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World to make these bite-sized treats. I also used my new Kitchen Aid mixer for the very first time and it did make things a lot easier.



Before frosting, I injected seedless blackberry jam with a piping bag inside each one. These came out really good. I started working on my first gum paste flower (purple) but they need to dry over night : ( Need to make time for those babies, but I'll let you know how they turn out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Look at you- gettin' all fancy! When do I get to try these??

Alexis said...

Hey K-money! I'll make some more and invite you over : ))