Monday, April 27, 2009

Culinary Course: Test Time! Plus Photos

Tonight was the first of 3 "test" nights in the culinary program I have been taking since last November. It has been an amazing experience. I've learned so many things in the kitchen and have tasted some of the best food I've ever had. It's been so much fun and when I am there I truly feel like I am in my element.

The photo on the right shows the pavlovas I made in the last class. You can see a nice photo album of many of the great things we've made throughout the course from one of my classmates. Click here to go to the album.

Tonight was just nuts! I felt like we were on Top Chef! We each had to prepare a 3-course meal, perfectly timed, in 2 hours. We received the ingredients and some simplified recipes. This kind of thing is much more challenging than you'd think. I was actually shaking when I was preparing things. Overall, I averaged an 8/10 on things. Next week we will have to prepare another 3-course meal with only the ingredients and no instructions. YIKES!

I will definately be practicing this weekend. Who wants to come over for creme brulee, souflee and hollandaise?

0 comments: