Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Veggie Grill

The Veggie Grill on Urbanspoon

A vegetarian friend at work recently introduced me to a vegan restaurant in El Segundo which is aptly named "Veggie Grill." They specialize in dishes featuring their "veggie proteins" including Chillin' Chicken, Too Good Tempeh, Veggie-Steak, and Veggie-Steak Burger. These proteins can be served in some super-fresh and vibrant salads or as sandwiches on their whole grain rolls. They also have some fabulous sweet potato fries.

I just love both the dishes I've tried here: first it was the Carne Asada sandwich with marinated Veggie-Steak on a delicious roll with a side of slaw. Next I tried the kale salad with blackened Chillin' Chicken.. delicious! I felt like I was getting my week's worth of nutrition in this light but satisfying dish.

Fake meats have seriously come a long way. I also want to post about a vegan cafe in San Jose next.. but it seems these places have in common a way of making delicious marinades, sauces, and cooking styles to really make these proteins pop.

I can't wait to go back!

The Veggie Grill
720 S. Allied Way
El Segundo, CA 90245
http://www.veggiegrill.com/

0 comments: