Sunday, September 28, 2008

Eat Chocolate and Still Look Hot

Like any girl living in LA, I try to keep my weight down. But I love food, and I love chocolate, so sometimes there can be a conflict of interest. I experimented with making some low calorie chocolate cupcakes, but they came out AWFUL-I had to throw them all out. So, I gave up on trying to make something healthy, chocolate and low-cal. Instead, I turn to the goodies shown in the photo above. OK, the cupcakes and brownies have refined sugar and white flour and even some chemicals, but sometimes, it's just necessary. Thankfully, the plain dark chocolate is quite healthy, so you could just stick with that if you want.

  1. Trader Joe's 100-calorie 70% Dark Chocolate Bars
    While any dark chocolate is good, these bars are pre-portioned and individually wrapped, so you can't "accidentally" eat too much of it. Plus it's smooth Belgian chocolate, so it tastes awesome. It also says on the package that each portion has more antioxidants than a 1/2 cup of blueberries. Sweet!


  2. No Pudge Fudge Brownies
    These have been around for a while for good reason. They're super chewy, chocolaty, and at 120 calories for each good-sized brownie, a good choco-calorie bargain. My boyfriend said they were the best brownies he's ever had. Wow, so that's a win-win.


  3. Hostess 100-Calorie Packs Chocolate Cupcakes
    Now, these have artificial stuff and chemicals, but they taste really good. You get three tiny cakes for 100 calories. Sometimes I just pop one of them for 33 calories and that's all I need to make it through the evening.

0 comments: