Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Anisette Brasserie

Anisette on UrbanspoonWhat's a "brasserie?", you might ask. Loosely interpreted from Wikipedia, it is a French eating establishment that is more formal than a bistro but less formal then a restaurant and supposedly serves the same menu all day. I'm not sure if Anisette is a true brasserie, but it looks cool, is expensive, and is near the Santa Monica promenade, and that's good enough for California.

The one time I went, I was surprised to see no Happy Hour specials, which was a bummer. So, my friend and I (Katharine, pictured below) got a couple of cocktails, which were pretty good and strong, and an amazing charcuterie et fromage tower (meats and cheeses). The three plates of breads, meats, cheeses, figs, capers, and other little goodies were very very good and could have served three or four people, so it was actually a good deal even at $30. Sorry I don't have reviews for any of the other food, but Katharine says she's had dinner there and it was good. You can also read a comprehensive review at Chowhound.
Bon Appetit!
Anisette Brasserie
225 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-395-3200

2 comments:

Esteban said...

Not bad--$30 for charcuterie mixed in with cocktails? Hit all the food groups that I care about.

kfo said...

looks good! and your friend is GORGEOUS.