Monday, August 25, 2008

M Cafe de Chaya

M Cafe de Chaya is a macrobiotic restaurant in Culver City and is part of the Chaya family of restaurants in Los Angeles. I've been there a couple of times now and both times I have gotten the brown rice sushi and it is great. Everything else looks good there so I'd recommend you check it out even though I haven't tried too much of the food there. They are basically vegan plus fish there, so no meat, dairy, or eggs. I tasted the Seitan Katsu Bowl, my first foray into Seitan which is a meat substitute made with wheat gluten, and it tasted like meat! They've got some lovely bento boxes (my weakness) available to-go, as well as a nice assortment of baked goods along with healthy sandwiches and salads. Check it out!

M Cafe de Chaya
9343 Culver Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
http://www.mcafedechaya.com/

0 comments: