Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Green" Bags

Update (8/21): I checked on my bean sprouts last night. They were all slimy and I had to throw them out. They were in the fridge in the green bags for about a week. Pretty disappointing compared to the claims the product makes. I have an eggplant left too and it's a little wrinkled. So far, I really can't see any difference between these and regular bags : (

I picked up the new Debbie Meyer Green Bags. You put your fruits and veggies in them and they're supposed to extend the freshness of your produce. I put scallions, Chinese eggplant, broccoli, and bean sprouts each in their own green bag and placed them in the fridge a couple of days ago (8/14). I think I'll use the bean sprouts as a test and see how long they stay fresh. I'll let you know how it goes..

0 comments: