Sunday, July 13, 2008

Power Breakfast: Almond Cranberry Oatmeal

One of my favorite breakfasts I eat on a regular basis is oatmeal with blueberries. I just cook one serving of oatmeal and then add 1/4 cup defrosted frozen blueberries and a little stevia and sometimes a little vanilla. Since variety is the spice of life, I've come up with another tasty breakfast for one.. I think I am hooked on this one too:

Almond Cranberry Oatmeal
1 serving, 170 calories (without sugar or milk)

  • 1/3 cup rolled oats
  • 2/3 cups water
  • 1 T dried cranberries (orange-flavored are good)
  • 1 T sliced almonds
  • drop of almond extract (optional)
  • a little stevia (or sugar or honey)
  • splash of half and half, milk, soy milk, whatever (optional)
  1. Cook oats with water in the microwave or in a sauce pan.
  2. Add the remaining ingredients, stir, and enjoy!

0 comments: