Monday, March 17, 2008

Honey's Kettle Fried Chicken

Honey's Kettle on UrbanspoonWe finally hit up Honey's Kettle Fried Chicken in Culver City to see what all the fuss is about. You probably don't need me to tell you this is place is good since everyone pretty much agrees, but I thought I'd post about it anyway.

I'm from the Northeast, so I wouldn't really be able to say how authentic or whatever this place is, but they definitely make it the way I like it. See, I HATE KFC and those other places that don't make the outside/skin crispy enough. If it isn't real crispy, it's left on my plate.. what a waste! But Honey's was downright crunchy! I could eat every single piece of skin (I guess that is not so good health-wise!). Also, the white breast meat managed to stay very moist.

For sides, the biscuits are great, not greasy at all, with a golden flavor and served with real honey, which was something new for me and quite delicious. The mashed potatoes were OK. I thought they needed some more salt, but what surprised me with it's deliciousness were the green beans! They were cooked in bacon grease with little bits of garlic, onion, and other veggies as flavoring. They were better than mom's (sorry).

For atmosphere, you're really better off taking it to go if you don't live too far. We hung with the locals and watched a boxing match on their big screen. Kinda gross watching someone's eye get ripped off when you're trying to eat, but it was an experience.

Honey's Kettle Fried Chickena
9537 Culver Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232
310-202-5453

Also in Compton!
2600 East Alondra Blvd
Compton, CA 90221
310-638-7871

0 comments: