Thursday, February 21, 2008

Johnny Cupcakes is Coming to LA!

You might think Johnny Cupcakes sells cupcakes.. they don't. But they do sell wicked cool t-shirts. Johnny's a college drop-out from Boston who decided to make a few funny t-shirts as a joke. That was in 2001 and today the t-shirts are a cult following. First opened on Newbury St. (as close as you can get to a Rodeo drive in Boston) they are now opening a store in May on Melrose near Kid Robot and some of the other fun clothing stores. I'm pretty excited about it.


There are some really good things about Johnny's company: they make everything in the U.S. in small batches and they don't sell to big chain stores. Everything is quality and limited edition. If I had known this before I would have bought the t-shirt I had my eye on .. a cupcake moving through a large intestine, sweet!! For now, we'll have to choose from what they have available.

0 comments: